Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Nun's Pool

Yet another attempt to capture sunrise colour, this time at Shelley Beach with two photo buddies. Unfortunately the promising red glow in the sky dissipated and all we were left with was a pink shade of sorts and I regret to say I was not positioned particularly well. However I've heard there's a light at the end of every tunnel, and my light was a few dolphins arcing through the water, enough of a gift for one day.  If you look VERY closely the dolphins can be seen catching a wave on the very left of the image.
The customary breakfast was not to be had as the Nun's Pool Restaurant didn't open until 8 a.m. It was named after a rock pool where nuns used to bathe by the park so I wandered down to the actual pool. Rock pools hammered out of rocks at the ocean’s edge making a natural swimming pool, are one of Sydney’s defining characteristics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment