Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stormy Day At Yena

Back to Yena expecting great things with a 4.8 metre swell anticipated following the Super Moon which never arrived ! Unfortunately the tide was low so the waves were less impressive than expected and I couldn't really relax due to the impending rain. At one stage there was a tiny chink in the cloud cover which allowed a bright patch of blue to emerge for what seemed like only a nanosecond. 
It's disappointing that still images really don't do justice to wave power and majesty. Carolyn decided to navigate some tricky rocks in order to capture some waterfall flow but I elected the easy way out and spent my time observing the waves crashing against the rockface. I love the light which is reflected in the rockpools after a storm. I thought I'd try a B/W conversion for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment