Monday, May 20, 2013

Pottering Around Potter's

I've always found it confusing distinguishing between some of the coast locations accessible from Kurnell at one end and Cronulla at the other end. I set out on yet another sunrise hunt, however the sad tradition of unrealised expectations was to continue. All was fine when I left home but the minute I opened the car door at Potter Point the cold winds made their presence felt and it became blatantly obvious that there would be limited colour or cloud in the sky.  Hood up and buttons fastened, I was determined not to leave empty handed so I occupied myself by taking shots of many of the rock formations which resembled strange coastal figures.


 I was lucky enough to score some fairly good shots of crows which appeared in a large group and seemed most interested in what I was doing. It brought back memories of Hitchcock's " Birds". It caused me to ensure I kept well away from the cliff's edge in case their circling was in anticipation of pecking on my remains once I'd fallen to my demise.


The following video created by a photo buddy explains how to reach the Point and showcases some of the attractions. Read " Cronulla to the far left" as " Cronulla to the far right" :-)



The following map seems quite detailed and removed the confusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment