Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pelicans In The Mist

I realise that pelicans 'in the fog' was the reality, however pelicans 'in the mist' sounds better. I returned to Como bridge on a repeat foggy day hoping to get a better shot of the webs clinging to the railway fence. 


Disappointingly, there were fewer puddles for reflections, negligible droplets on the webs and the fog began to lift the minute I put my foot on the bridge. Refusing to be daunted I spent some time practising macro work on the solitary spider I did locate. The fog began to thicken again by this stage so I was annoyed that it was time to leave for work. The camera was switched off and I headed home, luckily electing to take the route past the closed jetty.

My reward was the opportunity to capture two pelicans performing their morning ablutions in the midst of all that delicious fog. The moral seems to be that most dismal photo shoots can be turned into a worthwhile experience by some small serendipitous occurrence. 


Observing the antics of these amazing birds always brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment