Thursday, January 8, 2015

Garie Beach - Crab Haven

Another early start and although the forecast had been for cloudless skies we elected to use the morning as a reconn trip to Garie Beach.



I'd not been there for a few years and was pleasantly surprised to see some of the moss covered boulders which would act as great leading lines.  The rocks were literally crawling with crabs but access was easy.
 The temptation with relatively cloudless skies is to import one and create a composite image. I still think clouds make the difference to an image but I can appreciate why this practice enrages purists.

Once the golden light of the rising sun hit the rocks the scene was reminiscent of the famed El Dorado.
  Once we left Garie, we headed for breakfast at Audley Weir. So many photographs have been taken of the boathouse reflections, but there is only a small window of opportunity before the light becomes too harsh.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, I know you don't like using a tripod, but were these photo's taken with one? All beautiful BTW, something for me to aspire to. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you - I did have a tripod for some of the shots I took Bob. I think the fourth one down was a tripod shot but as soon as the sun is up I ditch the tripod . In fact in the 6th shot down I can see the tripod in the distance :-)

    ReplyDelete