Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Moon Hunt

After many thwarted attempts I'm still going to endeavour to capture a full moon due in 6 days. I've been scouting for different locations which will provide some foreground interest. While Yena Gap is one of my favourite spots the shadows really overpower the foreground rocks at sunset while the rocks at Cape Solander seem to take on a ghostly hue and also provide some amazing formations. Solander is also more easily accessible in the failing light. Tonight I took some preparatory shots and although the high ISO caused lots of noise I'm quite liking the effect. This particular POV was one I discovered but after seeing Mike Hobbert's fantastic shot from the same vantage point I'll always think of it as 'Mike's Gap'.

No comments:

Post a Comment