Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Back To Bombo

The first week of my holidays is over already so I'm feeling somewhat deflated, however I should be grateful that at least it was spent relaxing and enjoying the freedom. My trip down South to see my cousin enables me to not only catch up with her, but to revisit many of my most loved locations and for good measure, toss in a few new ones.

The decision to stay overnight at Greenwell Point on the way down turned out well.


View Greenwell Point in a larger map
As luck would have it, there were some fishing boats returning and of course a group of pelicans gathered to try their luck at the ritual ' cleaning of the fish'. The fishermen were most obliging and angled their throws to create some great photo opportunities and I was able to catch some action shots different from any I'd taken before.

One of the greatest disadvantages of continually photographing a subject is the challenge of capturing a different perspective, but it's definitely great for professional development. Observing the expressions and personalities of the pelicans always cheers me up and its entertaining to hear the fishermen recounting their experiences. Unfortunately the anticipated Milky Way shoot didn't eventuate as the cloud cover was too thick but it was a good start to the holidays nonetheless.

Rising early for a sunrise shoot was another plan thwarted by those same clouds, however we were able to get a few shots from the beachfront which was accessible as the tide was out. Unfortunately, long exposures and boats dont seem to marry well.

No comments:

Post a Comment