Thursday, July 2, 2015

Foggy Morning At Yarramundi

My decision to head out towards Yarramundi Reserve in spite of no fog being forecast by the BOM proved to be one of the best I've made in recent times. So frequently I've become excited driving through patches of fog only to have it disappear within seconds. I had no expectations today and decided to do a reconn trip to the Richmond Lowlands with the intention of returning another day when conditions were more encouraging. A friend had provided very specific directions so it was easy to find and easy to access which is always a pleasant change. Fog appeared the moment I hit the Lowlands and even then I refused to be optimistic because too often I'd been disappointed. I was tempted to head towards the Paulownia Plantation to secure that 'trees in the fog' shot I've so longed for,  but decided it was more important to grab some shots before the fog dissipated. 

I commenced at the bridge and followed an established path.

 The walk through the Reserve was easy and revealed some interesting natural formations. The only area which concerned me was a small section adjoining two areas of the river as I was unaware as to the effect the tides would have on access and I didnt want to return from my walk only to find I had to wade through cold water.
I'm always pleased to encounter birdlife on my travels so after leaving the Yarramundi Reserve I spent some time watching a pelican and a lone black swan swimming leisurely by.
 

 
I decided to investigate the location of a windmill I'd seen in the Focus group while I was so close and was watched closely by a plump Willy Wagtail. These fast moving little birds appear to be distributed across a wide area from coastal to inland locations and are always difficult to capture cleanly.

No comments:

Post a Comment