Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Along The Forest Path

The "Forest Path" walk in the Royal National Park was a complete surprise. I love the classic Australian bush and was expecting to have an enjoyable outing in the fresh air away from crowds. The gurgling creek, sound of water cascading down some small falls and the moss covered tree trunks were Nature's gift for the day. 


With the cold Winter's air biting at our finger tips we made our way along the leafy carpeted trail luxuriating in the unexpected rainforest surroundings. 

The only factor to mar the occasion ever so slightly was the fact that I mistakenly packed my wide angle lens instead of my trusty zoom. As a result, I was unable to capture some of the magical scenes my eyes encountered in the manner I wanted but hopefully this unfinished business will be addressed on another occasion during a return trip.

It was great to share it with a photo buddy who didn't find it necessary to sprint along the paths and make it impossible to absorb all those tiny details encountered along the way. There was time to marvel at the massive size of the gigantic cedar trees and tall palms, 


the lichen covered stumps, 

the tiny little fungi peeping shyly from the cracks in the tree bark,



 the vines wrapped seductively around the gloriously patterned trunks of many of the trees 

and the carpet of moss adorning the gigantic boulders lying motionless in the stream. 



I can't wait to get back there with my zoom lens and do some more exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment