Friday, November 7, 2014

Where The Jacarandas Bloom

The cycles of Nature create endless photo opportunities. Jacarandas are a most popular subject for photographers and it can be challenging to locate a beautiful tree in a picturesque location. Most of the well publicized locations are a substantial distance from Sydney so my only option so far this Season had been the occasional tree which soars above its brothers and sisters in suburbia.
 As always my eye is drawn to the detail.
 
Alerted to the existence of a large jacarandah situated in the quadrangle at Sydney University I was motivated to make a special trip into the city with a friend and return via Callan Park where I had previously seen some other lovely specimens. 


Continuing our journey we explored the extensive grounds at Callan Park . There were quite a few trees but the difficulty was excluding unattractive rooftops or vehicles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, Lovely tree and photo's, envying you as we are moving into Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I envy you as we are moving into Summer - I long to live near the snow

    ReplyDelete