Saturday, April 6, 2013

Autumn Days in the Blue Mountains

I decided to risk the predicted inclement weather and visit a number of Blue Mountain locations. My main aim was to avoid the tourists and large crowds, so I planned on arriving at Katoomba for the rising of the sun. Although the sunrise was less than spectacular, there were only a handful of people until about 8.30 a.m and better still, the parking meters are not functional until 9.00 a.m.


Mt. Wilson
By the time I reached Mt. Wilson it was raining intermittently, so while the light was better, it is always somewhat challenging to shoot while holding a camera in one hand and an umbrella in the other. One stroke of luck - there are a number of private gardens at Mt. Wilson, renowned for its Autumn colours. One of them, Breenhold Gardens, is extensive and as luck would have it,  due to the poor weather, there was no admission charge. On a return trip I will ensure that I take a map in order to spend more time here and plan my route.

I'm still working on images taken on this trip. Im afraid they've been pushed way to the end of the priority pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment