Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sandon Point

 Lesson reinforced: Try to spend time researching the effect tides have on a  location. Check it out on Google earth to ascertain access

Travelled down to Sandon Point with some photo buddies - the aim to capture the sun's early rays beaming onto the old boat sheds.

Unfortunately high tide was approaching and as I couldn't find a space on the sand for my tripod I hurried towards the safety of the steps and amused myself by playing with an inordinately high ISO while I watched the braver trio using the limited time available to lightpaint.

Greg, Dave and Danielle experimenting

 View from my safe vantage point  

 As the water began  to rise Dave decided to hop up on the steps as well. This is a pretty crook shot but it's great for reliving the memory.
We weren't content to have our plans thwarted so we headed off for Wollongong Harbour hoping to get some decent shots with the high tide and a good swell . We weren't disappointed. See the results here

No comments:

Post a Comment