Sunday, February 24, 2013

Rainy Day At Wollongong Harbour


Lesson Learnt:  Never underestimate the unpredictability of water and always cover the camera.

My photography teacher Greg Ford, David Mills, Danielle Sheehan and I had our plans thwarted for a sunrise at Sandon Point so we headed off in the rain to see if we could capture some interesting shots at Wollongong Harbour. It was BIG. I farewelled my first DSLR camera, my Canon 60D. 

Thinking I could get some great action shots of David and Greg, I took shelter behind what I thought was a safe barricade while they attempted to reach the lighthouse. However, the swell was so large a wave dumped beside me, bounced back up and poured down on both my cameras and left me with water swirling around my legs up to my thighs. My position ( indicated by the arrow) looked safe enough I thought. 

I was obviously wrong :-(


 It was interesting to watch Greg and David from my so called safe spot. Interesting to compare the two video versions. Can't find any way to make the One True Media (purchased software)video larger while the Slide.ly version (free) is easy to configure but difficult to change slide order . Go figure !!! Can never get exactly what you want


No comments:

Post a Comment