Thursday, April 16, 2015

Turimetta At Last

Many people have written about the beauty of Turimetta as a photographic location so I made my way down there with a friend in order to see what all the fuss was about. The major disadvantage is the distance from home, more apparent on the return journey when traffic is heavy. The beach was a a lot smaller than I'd expected however there were some great rock shelves which created impressive kickup from the incoming waves. As with all coastal locations the perspective changes greatly dependent on tide and from a higher vantage point I was able to clearly see a channel between the selves which would create a great leading line given the right conditions. The clouds were not well positioned this morning and it was difficult to establish a stable location for my tripod so long exposures with my new 16 stop filter weren't possible. Many of the images lent themseleves to some mirroring.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment