Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tunnel Vision

It's always exciting when serendipitiously a new location rears its head. Patience has never been one of my virtues so when I read a blog post which featured yet another tunnel at Helensburgh, I was keen to venture down the coast immediately to investigate. Approaching the tunnel I had no misgivings as access was clear and it was a short walk from houses.


From reading the blog post I knew the tunnel was extensive but had no intention of exploring  the depths by myself. Call me paranoid or a pessimist, I'm happy to accept either, but I don't intend to take risks for a photograph and with no mobile reception and no one knowing where I had gone, I was keen to simply locate the tunnel and do a cursory examination. 

Once past the initial gates there was yet another entrance but the floor was very uneven and the feeble light from a  headtorch with draining batteries was unable to display enough of my surroundings to make exploration viable.


I ventured only as far as one more entrance and then it was back to the open air and daylight.


The view from inside the tunnel looking back towards the entrance



No comments:

Post a Comment