Friday, February 21, 2014

Photographic Hiatus - Memories of May

Time passes so quickly. Having been out of action with yet another injury I'm more keenly aware of how far behind I am with post processing. I've been experimenting of late with my Samsung Galaxy III. I was feeling optimistic about some images I shot of bees on gum blossoms, however they look so much better on the phone screen than they do on the computer so I doubt I'll be replacing my SLR anytime soon as my main camera.

Gum blossoms and banksia trees always trigger childhood memories of May Gibbs and her gumnut baby books. 

May loved the Australian Flora and Fauna and has immortalised them with her magnificent illustrations. 


I've endeavoured to photograph them for a few years now but the blossoms particularly have been always elusive, nestled up too high for access. I was lucky enough to locates some bushes this year which were in deep blossom with a bonus supply of juicy little bees.

 

This little blossom still seems to have something interesting to offer a tiny visitor


 This shot provides a good view of the laden pollen baskets on the little fellow's legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment